The owners of Lou’s Steak Shop in Norristown, Louis and Charlie Alba, are retiring from the family business, they announced via social media this week . The neighborhood sandwich shop has been owned and operated by their family for 85 years. Located at 414 E. Main St, Lou’s Steak Shop has long been popular for its cheesesteaks and Norristown’s “Zep” sandwiches.
Original owner, Lou Bondi, opened the shop in 1941 after immigrating from Italy. Lou’s began as a convenience store, but as local demand grew for quick and hearty meals, the business expanded into a diner-style restaurant. Lou’s has been in the family ever since, with Bondi’s grandsons Louis and Charles Alba taking over ownership in 1994.
The Alba brothers thanked customers for their dedication and are “excited to see what the future holds in retirement.” Their final day of working the business will be Sunday, August 30. The name of the new owners has not yet been made public.
Photo – Google